Thursday, October 11, 2007

Oh boy...10 months!

So they have hit their 10 month mark! And they have hit it hard. Growing like weeds and amazing us every day still. All 3 are standing and letting go of the furniture, Drake and Ava have taken a few steps, but we're working on the balancing part of it. Dane will stand, but is so belly heavy that he just plops forward. Dane and Ava finally have a tooth, maybe even getting their second one already. Poor Drake is working on 4 up top! He seems to take it a lot better than the other 2 though.
I can't believe it but I am starting to plan for their 1st birthday! I'm a nervous wreck! A few other triplet moms were discussing this a few months ago when their trio were turning one and I really didn't think it would hit me. But it has. I just can't get over how much they've grown. And each of their personalities! Oh, I'm just so happy! I never thought I'd be the happy with kids. It has been so much better and easier than I ever anticipated. Granted I do believe that every stage or milestone seems to be a bit more difficult to go through. But looking back, they were so much fun.
There were so many things that never crossed my mind becoming a mother or even raising a family. The whole feeding bit never crossed my mind. Apparently I just believed that they would feed themselves from the get go! Ha, and cooking them meals. I'm not used to making meals, so that has been quite a challenge. I just don't have the knack for a creative meal. My triplet group has helped tremendously with that. It's kind of funny though, meal suggestions are always a topic.
Another thing that I never thought of...teeth. I knew they didn't have them when they were born. And I guess they would just get a full set magically. Well, they do appear magically, but so far only one at a time (Drake gets them 2+). And it has been pretty painful for them.
Illnesses...I thought taking care of a sick man was hard! 3 babies sick at once is awful! I won't lie, I don't handle this situation very well. Who could though? Runny noses, stuffy noses, diarrhea, ear infections, the constant cry, the waking in the nights, fever, just to name a few! My kids were supposed to grow up without any sickness!!
There are so many other things that I didn't realize but I can't remember them. I used to have a pretty darn good memory, but ever since I got pregnant with triplets, ha, that went straight out the window and has yet to return!

No comments: