Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In front of our house, ready for "trick or treating"


Boo at the Zoo




I love the seasons changing and how beautiful it is, but what it brings is another story. My poor little monkeys are sick. And when they get sick, its inevitable that they'll get ear infections. Oh and not just in one ear, its usually both. Yep, so as Mommy and Daddy dragged them around on Halloween, with runny noses and all, their ears were hurting. Don't get me wrong, they LOVED it. Once they finally understood that if they held out their little bags, and went up to someones door, they would get something dropped into their bags. I don't think they grasped the whole idea or that it was candy being dropped in it, but they sure thought it was fun.
We started off around our neighborhood, which was nice, we recieved at least 3 babysitting offers!



Feeding the geese our snacks at the zoo

I took them to the doctor yesterday not expecting to be there for 3 hours!! It was a nightmare! Never again will I take them without their wagon. They were tired, hungry and sick. They were being good, but they were running around everywhere. I just felt like all eyes were on me and I hate it when you can feel yourself being judged by other people. I'm so not the type of person to ask for help, but yesterday was one of those days where I really needed it! And I think this one woman could read it on my face. I was moments away from breaking down (I eventually did) when she asked me if she could help. She didn't really ask, because she did it anyway! I was so relieved and I think she knew I was on the verge of breaking down. I felt absolutely horrible. I cried the entire way home!
Pumpkin carving




I learned my lesson and I'll never try that again! The monkeys are napping, so I'll try to upload some pictures from Halloween and this past week!

Below-At our church's party-Daddy was a doctor, Mommy was a nurse



2 comments:

Happy Home said...

sorry about the dr. trip. i've been there. now if they are all sick with same symptoms, i take the sickest one, then give the other's their medicine. taking the other one or two the next day and telling the dr. i aready started them on whatever the med is...

Denise said...

Very cute costumes. I am sorry to hear that things were rough at the doctors office. I hope the trio get to feeling better soon.