Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spoke too soon

What a week this has been! We can't really complain, considering the kids are 16 months and this is our first symptoms of the flu we've had!
Monday, while I was at work, all 3 decided they were going to throw up. And not to mention, Daddy was feeling almost as bad as they were! It's one thing when you've got 3 sick kids, but when you're sick too, that just throws you over the edge. So Daddy was up for most of the night cleaning up and making the kids feel better. Go Daddy!
Unfortunately it is now thursday and really nothing has changed. Tuesday night was the worst night. We each got up with one of the kids at least 10 times. What makes it worse is that they didn't throw up, but they were just dry heaving. Poor little things!
And it's so hard to figure out what to feed them. I know they can't handle food, but their little bodies need nutrition. Ugh! I just feel so bad for them. No one has thrown up today, but oh man their diapers are awful. I won't go into detail about it, but I do have a funny story.
So, Dane and I had a doctors appointment on wednesday and my mom came with me to help with the kiddos. They seemed like they were feeling alright, so we thought we could take them to lunch. To Chili's. It all went fine, the table could've been bigger, but oh well, until we were leaving. My mom goes to pick up Drake and realizes that she just stuck her hand in diahhrea. Yes, all over himself! It was a horrible experience. I took him to the bathroom only to realize that this would be a huge task. So we just put him in the car and made the poor little guy ride home in a dirty diaper. It's totally my fault, I shouldn't have taken them out. Needless to say, his carseat got washed immediately and he got himself a bath.
Oh and Stephen stayed home from school today with the same thing!
Ugh, I hope this virus goes away soon!!!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Yuck! The stomach flu is the worst in a house full of kids all the same age!!! Hope you are all feeing much better soon.