Friday, August 8, 2008

Preparing for a trip to Iowa, a week early!

So we leave for Iowa next thursday night and our plan is to leave at bedtime. So instead of putting the kids down in their cribs, we're hoping and praying they'll fall asleep in the carseats. They do great, but the longest they've ever slept in them is about 30 minutes. So, I don't know what to expect from that.
I've tried to come up with a set of plans, I'm such a planner and if things don't go the way I plan, oh I go crazy. So I've tried to come up with something and I think we might end up just winging it. I don't know how my kids will react to a 13 hour drive in their carseats, so planning something would just be silly. Not to mention, it would just make me go insane. And once we get there, I don't have a clue what we'll do. Chad and I will be extremely tired and they will be ready to venture out into the new Iowa world. I'm hoping that Grandma Tina and Aunties will be of great assistance at that point. I know it'll all go smooth, and if it doesn't, oh well. We do what we know how to do and go one step at a time. Right? We hope in the right direction most of the time! :)
I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I do hope and pray that you guys have a safe and uneventful trip to Iowa. My kiddos usually don't sleep more than 30 min. in their carseats either. However, last year we traveled at night and they slept right through the night. They did really well. Hopefully things will go as well for you guys. I can't wait to hear about your trip.